GOP rep questions Blanche on 'anti-weaponization' fund
Key takeaways
- He s got a June 1st deadline to get me the answers.
- Obviously, it was appropriated to DOJ as part of an appropriations bill.
- The Pennsylvania Republican has already vowed to kill the fund that stemmed from a settlement between Trump, his sons and the IRS for previously leaking his tax returns.
Why this matters: political developments that affect policy direction and public trust.
Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.) said Wednesday that he sent a letter to Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche requesting more details on the Justice Department s (DOJ) new anti-weaponization fund, which holds nearly $1.8 billion.
So I sent a letter to Mr. Blanche today posing some very basic questions. He s got a June 1st deadline to get me the answers. Where this money is coming from? Fitzpatrick said during an appearance on CNN s The Source.
Obviously, it was appropriated to DOJ as part of an appropriations bill. We want to know what account that money currently resides in? Where is he pulling it from? What authority do they have to do this? Fitzpatrick told host Kaitlan Collins.