tech
Google appeals search monopoly ruling, says it won business ‘fair and square’
Google officially filed its appeal of the federal ruling deeming it an illegal search monopolist, arguing the decision "crashed" through legal guardrails. "Google just prevailed in the marketplace fair and square," it writes in its legal filing. Google had already said it would appeal the ruling, which includes both the August 2024 decision about its illegal monopolization and the September 2025 remedies decision that ordered it to share some search data with competitors. The appeal brief filed Friday gives more insight into how the company plans to fight Judge Amit Mehta's ruling. "We are asking the court to overturn this flawed decision … Read the full story at The Verge.
Article preview — originally published by The Verge. Full story at the source.
Read full story on The Verge →
More top stories
Also covered by
Aggregated and edited by the Scoop newsroom. We surface news from The Verge alongside other reporting so you can compare coverage in one place.
Editorial policy · Corrections · About Scoop