Trump Blasts ‘Losers’ Criticizing Potential Iran Deal After Republican Uproar
Key takeaways
- Trump said Saturday the deal had been “largely negotiated,” adding final details were being discussed and would be announced “shortly.”
- Roger Wicker, R-Miss., said a “rumored 60-day ceasefire” with Iran “would be a disaster,” saying the military operation in Iran that began nearly three months ago “would be for naught!”
- Rand Paul, R-Ky., said “critics” should “give President Trump the space to find an American First solution.”
Topline President Donald Trump on Sunday slammed backlash that came after he said a peace deal with Iran was in its final stages, which led to Republicans attacking each other on social media—at times with profanity-laden name-calling—as the anti-war wing of the party lauded a potential end to the war while others suggested a deal maintaining the Iranian regime would be a failure for the U.S.
Trump said the agreement with Iran is "largely negotiated."Photo by Al Drago for The Washington Post via Getty ImagesKey FactsThe president said in a Truth Social post Sunday to not “listen to the losers, who are critical about something they know nothing about,” adding the deal is still being negotiated and “nobody has seen it, or knows what it is.”
Trump said Saturday the deal had been “largely negotiated,” adding final details were being discussed and would be announced “shortly.”