Scoopfeeds — Intelligent news, curated.
Sindh govt okays purchase of 500 new EV buses, says Sharjeel Memon
pakistan

Sindh govt okays purchase of 500 new EV buses, says Sharjeel Memon

ARY News · May 18, 2026, 9:48 AM · Also reported by 2 other sources

Key takeaways

  • Speaking in Karachi Sharjeel Memon said the buses would be acquired through a public-private partnership model to modernise public transport network.
  • Earlier in March, Sharjeel Memon announced a new route of the EV buses in Karachi from Gulshan Maymaar to Tower.
  • Sharjeel Memon was speaking inaugural ceremony of the new 33 kilometers route of the electric buses by the transport department of Sindh.

Why this matters: local context for readers following news across Pakistan and the region.

Add ARY News on Google AAResize Senior Minister of Sindh Sharjeel Memon has announced that the provincial government has approved the procurement of 500 new electric vehicles (EV) buses to improve public transport services.

Speaking in Karachi Sharjeel Memon said the buses would be acquired through a public-private partnership model to modernise public transport network.

Earlier in March, Sharjeel Memon announced a new route of the EV buses in Karachi from Gulshan Maymaar to Tower.

Article preview — originally published by ARY News. Full story at the source.
Read full story on ARY News → More top stories

Also covered by

Aggregated and edited by the Scoop newsroom. We surface news from ARY News alongside other reporting so you can compare coverage in one place. Editorial policy · Corrections · About Scoop