Scoopfeeds — Intelligent news, curated.
sports

Kerley says he'll run clean at Enhanced Games

ESPN · May 23, 2026, 4:50 PM · Also reported by 3 other sources

Key takeaways

  • Sprinter Fred Kerley revealed that he is not taking performance enhancers as he embarks on the next phase of a career that officially kicks off Sunday at the Enhanced Games, where drugs are allowed.
  • When Kerley signed onto the Enhanced Games roster, he became its most recognizable name and gave the new enterprise a headliner it had been missing.
  • Some six months later came his two-year ban by the Athletics Integrity Unit for missing tests, a violation of the antidoping code that doesn't necessarily mean an athlete is taking drugs.

Why this matters: a sports story that could shift standings, legacies, or fan conversations.

Sprinter Fred Kerley revealed that he is not taking performance enhancers as he embarks on the next phase of a career that officially kicks off Sunday at the Enhanced Games, where drugs are allowed.

Another surprise: The 2022 world champion at 100 meters, banned from the regular track circuit until August 2027 for missing tests required by a system he portrayed as disrespectful and intrusive, has every intention of being on another starting line.

"I will compete at the L.A. Olympics in 2028," he said.

Article preview — originally published by ESPN. Full story at the source.
Read full story on ESPN → More top stories

Also covered by

Aggregated and edited by the Scoop newsroom. We surface news from ESPN alongside other reporting so you can compare coverage in one place. Editorial policy · Corrections · About Scoop