Scoopfeeds — Intelligent news, curated.
Sinner says returning to Roland Garros ‘special feeling’ after 2025 final
pakistan

Sinner says returning to Roland Garros ‘special feeling’ after 2025 final

ARY News · May 22, 2026, 3:19 PM · Also reported by 2 other sources

Key takeaways

  • The 24-year-old gave up three championship points in that gut-wrenching loss but returns to Paris 12 months later the overwhelming favourite to complete his career Grand Slam.
  • Ahead of speaking to reporters at the media day before the tournament proper starts on Sunday, Sinner has had time to practise on Roland Garros’ showpiece court, Philippe Chatrier.
  • He said stepping back on centre court for a hit was a “special feeling”, adding: “It’s a very special tournament for me, and it has been increasingly better year after year, and last year we were very close (to winning).

Why this matters: local context for readers following news across Pakistan and the region.

Add ARY News on Google AAResize World number one Jannik Sinner said on Friday that coming back to the home of the French Open was “nice” despite it bringing back memories of the iconic final last year, which he lost in five sets to Carlos Alcaraz.

The 24-year-old gave up three championship points in that gut-wrenching loss but returns to Paris 12 months later the overwhelming favourite to complete his career Grand Slam.

Ahead of speaking to reporters at the media day before the tournament proper starts on Sunday, Sinner has had time to practise on Roland Garros’ showpiece court, Philippe Chatrier.

Article preview — originally published by ARY News. Full story at the source.
Read full story on ARY News → More top stories

Also covered by

Aggregated and edited by the Scoop newsroom. We surface news from ARY News alongside other reporting so you can compare coverage in one place. Editorial policy · Corrections · About Scoop