Scoopfeeds — Intelligent news, curated.
Donalds defends anti-weaponization fund
politics

Donalds defends anti-weaponization fund

The Hill · May 24, 2026, 7:36 PM · Also reported by 2 other sources

Key takeaways

  • Byron Donalds (R-Fla.) on Sunday defended the Department of Justice s (DOJ) controversial new anti-weaponization fund saying, everybody s losing their minds.
  • It happened to — the — under the Obama administration after the [Internal Revenue Service (IRS)] had been sued multiple times, and they settled with groups.
  • Anybody who s been victimized by our government for political purposes, they can come — they can actually apply to the fund.

Why this matters: political developments that affect policy direction and public trust.

Byron Donalds (R-Fla.) on Sunday defended the Department of Justice s (DOJ) controversial new anti-weaponization fund saying, everybody s losing their minds.

This is not new. It happened to — the — under the Obama administration after the [Internal Revenue Service (IRS)] had been sued multiple times, and they settled with groups. This has occurred before. The acting attorney general is telling everybody it is not partisan, Donalds told host Shannon Bream on Fox News Sunday.

Anybody who s been victimized by our government for political purposes, they can come — they can actually apply to the fund. And so, the dollars are there because IRS lost this case, and they settled it because they did victimize the commander-in-chief, and instead of taking the money, he said, Put it into a fund for other people, and now everybody s losing their minds. I don t understand that, he added.

Article preview — originally published by The Hill. Full story at the source.
Read full story on The Hill → More top stories

Also covered by

Aggregated and edited by the Scoop newsroom. We surface news from The Hill alongside other reporting so you can compare coverage in one place. Editorial policy · Corrections · About Scoop