Alleged rapes on Married at First Sight UK must be investigated, says Department for Culture
Key takeaways
- Channel 4 has removed all previous seasons of MAFS UK from its streaming platforms, after what it said were ‘very serious allegations’.
- Prefer the Guardian on GoogleRape claims involving Channel 4’s Married at First Sight UK must be investigated, with consequences for criminality or wrongdoing, the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has said.
- The BBC reported on Monday that two women said they had been raped during filming of the dating show, while a third described an allegation of a non-consensual sex act.
Why this matters: a developing story that could shape the day's news cycle.
Channel 4 has removed all previous seasons of MAFS UK from its streaming platforms, after what it said were ‘very serious allegations’. Photograph: I love images/occasions/Alamy View image in fullscreen Channel 4 has removed all previous seasons of MAFS UK from its streaming platforms, after what it said were ‘very serious allegations’. Photograph: I love images/occasions/Alamy Channel 4Alleged rapes on Married at First Sight UK must be investigated, says Department for Culture DCMS says there must be ‘consequences for criminality’, after allegations by three women about onscreen partners
Prefer the Guardian on GoogleRape claims involving Channel 4’s Married at First Sight UK must be investigated, with consequences for criminality or wrongdoing, the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has said.
The BBC reported on Monday that two women said they had been raped during filming of the dating show, while a third described an allegation of a non-consensual sex act.