Tustin police arrest man accused of fatally shooting ex-girlfriend before fleeing to Mexico
Key takeaways
- Tustin police have arrested a 47-year-old man accused of fatally shooting his ex-girlfriend before fleeing to Mexico, the department announced Sunday.
- Officers arrested Juan Marquez on Saturday, in connection with the death of Sandra Fernandez, 42, on Thursday, the department said in a news release.
- Fernandez, an Anaheim resident, was found unresponsive by officers at the intersection of Yorba Street and Medford Avenue.
Tustin police arrested 47-year-old Juan Marquez in connection with the death of his ex-girlfriend, 42-year-old Sandra Fernandez. Authorities said he fled across the U.S.-Mexico border following the homicide last week and was taken into custody Saturday. (Tustin Police Department) By Brittny Mejia Staff Writer Follow May 17, 2026 2:07 PM PT 2 min Click here to listen to this article Share via Close extra sharing options Email Facebook X Linked In Threads Reddit Whats App Copy Link URL Copied! Print 0:00 0:00 1x This is read by an automated voice. Please report any issues or inconsistencies here.
Tustin police have arrested a 47-year-old man accused of fatally shooting his ex-girlfriend before fleeing to Mexico, the department announced Sunday.
Officers arrested Juan Marquez on Saturday, in connection with the death of Sandra Fernandez, 42, on Thursday, the department said in a news release.