Scoopfeeds — Intelligent news, curated.
Tustin police arrest man accused of fatally shooting ex-girlfriend before fleeing to Mexico
local

Tustin police arrest man accused of fatally shooting ex-girlfriend before fleeing to Mexico

LA Times · May 17, 2026, 9:07 PM · Also reported by 3 other sources

Key takeaways

  • Tustin police have arrested a 47-year-old man accused of fatally shooting his ex-girlfriend before fleeing to Mexico, the department announced Sunday.
  • Officers arrested Juan Marquez on Saturday, in connection with the death of Sandra Fernandez, 42, on Thursday, the department said in a news release.
  • Fernandez, an Anaheim resident, was found unresponsive by officers at the intersection of Yorba Street and Medford Avenue.

Tustin police arrested 47-year-old Juan Marquez in connection with the death of his ex-girlfriend, 42-year-old Sandra Fernandez. Authorities said he fled across the U.S.-Mexico border following the homicide last week and was taken into custody Saturday. (Tustin Police Department) By Brittny Mejia Staff Writer Follow May 17, 2026 2:07 PM PT 2 min Click here to listen to this article Share via Close extra sharing options Email Facebook X Linked In Threads Reddit Whats App Copy Link URL Copied! Print 0:00 0:00 1x This is read by an automated voice. Please report any issues or inconsistencies here.

Tustin police have arrested a 47-year-old man accused of fatally shooting his ex-girlfriend before fleeing to Mexico, the department announced Sunday.

Officers arrested Juan Marquez on Saturday, in connection with the death of Sandra Fernandez, 42, on Thursday, the department said in a news release.

Article preview — originally published by LA Times. Full story at the source.
Read full story on LA Times → More top stories

Also covered by

Aggregated and edited by the Scoop newsroom. We surface news from LA Times alongside other reporting so you can compare coverage in one place. Editorial policy · Corrections · About Scoop