Scoopfeeds — Intelligent news, curated.
business

Trump says he should've asked for 'more' of Intel when negotiating stake with CEO

CNBC · May 18, 2026, 10:40 AM · Also reported by 4 other sources

Key takeaways

  • Livestream Menu Make Itselect USAINTLLivestream Search quotes, news & videos Livestream Watchlist SIGN INCreate free account Markets Business Investing Tech Politics Video Watchlist Investing Club PROLivestream Menu
  • President Donald Trump has said he should have asked for a bigger stake in chipmaker Intel, nine months on from a landmark deal that saw the U.S. government take a 9.9% holding in the company.
  • Trump also told the magazine that Intel would be "the biggest company in the world right now," if he had been in office to protect it with tariffs, "when all these companies started sending their chips in from China."

Livestream Menu Make Itselect USAINTLLivestream Search quotes, news & videos Livestream Watchlist SIGN INCreate free account Markets Business Investing Tech Politics Video Watchlist Investing Club PROLivestream Menu

U.S. President Donald Trump has said he should have asked for a bigger stake in chipmaker Intel, nine months on from a landmark deal that saw the U.S. government take a 9.9% holding in the company.

Describing his interaction with Intel CEO Lip-Bu Tan, Trump told Fortune in an interview published Monday that he asked for "10% ownership for free" of the company, Tan replied "you have a deal," and the president said: "S---, I should have asked for more."

Article preview — originally published by CNBC. Full story at the source.
Read full story on CNBC → More top stories

Also covered by

Aggregated and edited by the Scoop newsroom. We surface news from CNBC alongside other reporting so you can compare coverage in one place. Editorial policy · Corrections · About Scoop