Scoopfeeds — Intelligent news, curated.
Teenage boys sentenced for raping lone girls
top

Teenage boys sentenced for raping lone girls

BBC News · May 21, 2026, 12:24 PM

Key takeaways

  • Prosecutors said the assaults in Fordingbridge, Hampshire, in 2024 and 2025, were "brazenly filmed" on mobile phones, with footage showing the boys laughing and verbally encouraging each other.
  • Two 15-year-old boys and a boy, 14, were previously convicted of rape following a trial at Southampton Crown Court.
  • The 15-year-olds were given three-year Youth Rehabilitation Orders with intensive surveillance and supervision.

Why this matters: a developing story that could shape the day's news cycle.

Nikki Mitchell South of England home affairs correspondent, Southampton Crown Court Crown Prosecution Service One of the girls was attacked in an underpass beside the River Avon Three teenage boys who raped two lone girls in separate attacks have been sentenced.

Prosecutors said the assaults in Fordingbridge, Hampshire, in 2024 and 2025, were "brazenly filmed" on mobile phones, with footage showing the boys laughing and verbally encouraging each other.

Two 15-year-old boys and a boy, 14, were previously convicted of rape following a trial at Southampton Crown Court.

Article preview — originally published by BBC News. Full story at the source.
Read full story on BBC News → More top stories
Aggregated and edited by the Scoop newsroom. We surface news from BBC News alongside other reporting so you can compare coverage in one place. Editorial policy · Corrections · About Scoop